Once you quit laughing at the name, you will realize how revolutionary this little tube is!
When people in the research community say “groundbreaking”, they are usually describing a dramatic improvement in technique or approach.
It is not the sort of term you would think should be applied to a humble piece of plastic.
But that is exactly how people are describing this new conical tube.
Here are just some of the ways your colleagues are using this remarkable tube:
- Master mixes larger than 2mL
- Immunoprecipitations – It is much easier to get total bead coverage
- Collecting blood and urine
- Storing tissue and viruses – Think of how much precious -80 space is wasted on 3mL of virus in a 15mL tube!
- Sample incubation – The screw-cap offers a leak-proof seal
- Preparing injections – You cannot get the shoulders of a syringe into a 15mL tube
- And more!
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM FISHER SCIENTIFIC
If you'd love to have these in your lab but cannot purchase from us directly, you can now buy official CentriCutie® tubes through your Fisher Scientific purchasing person. For fastest service point them to the item in their online catalog here:
These are Very popular in the CRO and CRM community where samples are prepared in larger volumes than the typical research lab
Other important features are:
- 20mm (OD) caps that seal smoothly and completely with a single 360° turn.
- Safe for use from -86°C to 110°C - Autoclavable
- Uses 60% less storage space than 15mL tubes
- The 16mm tube diameter is identical to a 15ml tube. NO NEED to purchase additional equipment or adapters
- Reduced pipette-shaft contamination concerns
- Made from low-binding virgin polypropylene and are certified RNase & DNase free
- Sterile tubes are also pyrogen free
- Perform high speed spins up to 25,000 xg (when fully supported) 4,000xg when suspended in rotor
- Dual graduations at every .2 and .5mL
- Leakproof "one turn" cap
- Height without cap/rim: 54mm
- Height with cap: 64mm
Its the tube that is good for the planet, and good for your lab!